Want to have a productive summer? Interested in getting a head start on your college apps?
Our College Application Boot Camps are designed to help students get a strong start on their college applications under the guidance of a Galin Education College Counselor and with the assistance of College Essay Coaches. We’ve been developing this program over the past several years in order to give students the information, techniques, feedback, and confidence to put together an application that reflects their achievements and potential.
During these camps, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the college admissions process and how admissions officers evaluate applications.
- Brainstorm, write, and edit a personal statement essay that can be used with a variety of applications.
- Learn how to research colleges and assess chances of admission using College Planner Pro software and other resources.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to complete the Common Application datasheets.
- Complete an activity sheet that highlights high school awards, extracurricular activities, and leadership positions.
- Learn how to approach, brainstorm, and write common supplemental essays.
Included in a Boot Camp registration is one 1-hour meeting with a college counselor to discuss the student’s college list and get prepared to make Boot Camp the most productive experience it can be!
MADISON DATES: June 13th-16th, July 18th – July 21st, August 8th – August 11th
MILWAUKEE DATES: July 12th-15th
Click the register buttons to get started!
Can’t make it to our in-person bootcamps? We offer a personalized, on-demand bootcamp too! Email Liz Jackson for details at firstname.lastname@example.org