2024 Summer College Application Camp
Looking to have a productive summer and get a head start on your college applications?
Galin’s Summer College Application Camp (affectionately called “App Camp”) is designed to help rising high school seniors get a strong start on their college applications under the guidance of a Galin Education College Counselor with the additional assistance of Galin College Essay Coaches.
This best-selling program has been supporting students for over a decade by providing them with the information, techniques, feedback, and confidence to craft a college application that reflects their unique achievements and potential.
During App Camp, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the college admissions process and how admissions officers evaluate applications.
- Brainstorm, write, and edit a personal statement essay that can be used with a variety of applications.
- Learn how to research colleges and assess chances of admission using College Planner Pro software and other resources.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to complete the main sections of the Common Application.
- Complete an activity sheet that highlights high school awards, extracurricular activities, and leadership positions.
- Learn how to approach, brainstorm, and write common supplemental essays.
App Camp at a Glance:
- App Camp Orientation – Prior to the start date, students will be invited to an orientation to discuss the student’s college list and get prepared to make App Camp the most productive experience it can be!
- Daily Schedule – App Camp runs for four days from 9am-4pm. Lunch is provided.
- Parent Wrap-Up – On the final day of App Camp (Thursday of your App Camp week), parents are invited to a “wrap-up” meeting from 6pm-7pm. This meeting is virtual if you attended a Milwaukee App Camp.
- Early Bird Pricing (until January 1, 2024): $1450
- Discounted Pricing (January 1 – March 1, 2024): $1750
- Full Price (after March 1, 2024): $1950
*Optional Add-On: Four hours of 1:1 college advising with a Galin College Counselor to support your student in building their list of colleges and developing an individualized plan for the App Camp. $800