- Location: Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Size: Approximately 1,500 undergraduate students
- Known for: Environmental Science and Sustainability, Economics, Physical Sciences
- Rankings: Top 100 National Liberal Arts Colleges/Best Value Schools, #23 First Year Experience, #32 Best Undergraduate Teaching (US News & World Report)
Reasons to consider Allegheny College:
- Allegheny values experiential learning in addition to what students encounter in the classroom. Allegheny offers a May term, which gives students the opportunity to participate in community service, an internship, or off-campus employment.
- The small size of the community gives students individualized attention from professors and staff. The Maytum Center for Student Success directly connects students to study abroad, internships, and undergraduate research opportunities. For any students who may be struggling with academics, Allegheny College offers incredible support and early intervention.
- Allegheny’s administration and faculty place great emphasis on undergraduate research. All students complete a senior capstone project that requires collaboration with a professor. Students must defend this research project their senior year.
- Allegheny offers a nationally acclaimed science complex, owns a 283-acre research reserve and an 80-acre protected forest. In addition, a recent campus project called the Innovation and Creativity Lab offers high-tech computer labs, and is housed in the recently renovated Bentley Hall.
- Finally, the student community is incredibly tight-knit. Allegheny students are required to live on campus all four years (with housing options including apartment style residence halls and special interest living) and they love the shared experience!
If you’re looking for a strong sense of community, the opportunity to participate in undergraduate research, and the chance to live among some incredible nature, Allegheny College may be the place for you!